San Carlo al Corso in Noto

© RicardMN Photography

© RicardMN Photography

The church of San Carlo al Corso, dedicated to San Carlo Borromeo, is the church of the convent of the Jesuits of Noto .
Built from 1730 probably designed by Rosario Gagliardi, the church is a longitudinal plan, with three naves covered by a barrel vault and scanned by half. The concavity of the apse is called, near the portal, by a corresponding curved atrium.
The facade, with three levels, is characterized by the use of freestanding columns and the characteristic pattern mixtilinear-convex. The building material is the local golden limestone.
The bell and the main altar from the old Jesuit church of Noto Antica, which was destroyed in the terrible earthquake of Val di Noto of 1693.

Prints/greeting cards – RicardMN Photograpy’s Facebook Page – RicardMN Photography’s  Pinterest

church photos

Advertisements